Re: New Urdu Team

On 6:13:29 pm 06/21/06 Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh farsiweb info> wrote:
> رÙ?ز سÙ?â??Ø´Ù?بÙ?Ø? 2006-06-20 ساعت 18:44 +0200Ø? Christian
> >  Rose Ù?Ù?شت: So you probably see why I am frustrated and
> >  suspicious about the situation. To ease my mind, could you please
> >  give me a reference (preferrably an URL) that points to past Urdu
> >  translations that you have produced? It would be a lot of help in
> >  determining that this time it's "for real", before we make a
> >  decision about the new coordinatorship for Urdu.
>
> Alternatively, I suggest that Muhammad translates some part of GNOME
> (let's say the glossary or gtk+) completely and submits that for
> someone else to check in. This way, we can go over the current 0%.

Hi,
  We are a group at Sarai, CSDS, New Delhi, India, and have an interest
in Urdu localisation. We have teamed up with some people from across
Bangladesh, India, and Pakistan, but had not yet found someone willing to
take on the chore of coordinating the GNOME Urdu localisation effort.
Needless to say, we would like to be part of a GNOME Urdu team.

  In particular, we had hired someone to translate the GNOME and
OpenOffice glossaries into Urdu, and the work is about 80% done on pen-
and-paper. We plan to have it entered into the computer, or can send
photocopies to anyone who cares to do that. So, please do not spend
time duplicating this work.

  We also have a working Hindi to Urdu transliterator, which still has
some issues to be resolved, and, of course, has all the problems
attendant to transliteration. However, this could be a way to leverage
the work on GNOME that has already been done for Hindi. Please let us
know how we can work together.

Regards,
Gora