Re: merging translations from rosetta

On 6/13/06, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan <thep linux thai net> wrote:
On 6/12/06, Yair <yairhr gmail com> wrote:

> is there an easy way to merge translations done in rosetta to upstream
> translations?

I hope, at least, there is *no* automatic way for this. Rosetta's openness
has already brought some poor quality translations for Thai in Ubuntu.
(Don't ask me why. I haven't used it so far, although my name appears
there due to the fact of being upstream committer, but without any
permission to manage things there.) And manual synchronization just
gives a chance of review before committing upstream.

And we would certainly have coordination problem with rosetta involved
without human intervention.

PS. Don't get me wrong. I'm not against rosetta nor openness.
And we actually get many good translations done and
incorporated from rosetta. My point here is about QA worries
if there actually is a *too-easy* way to merge.

--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/