Re: Help Regarding gtranslator

On 2:07:21 pm 07/06/06 Ross Golder <ross golder org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 10:00 +0100, Tahir Rauf Abdul Rauf wrote:
[...]
> >  1)   Firstly, When i want to install the packages of URDU language,
> >  the Synaptic package manager say that gtranslator will be removed.
> >  why ?? How can i translate some PO files in URDU, if the
> >  gtranslator is removed??
> >

> That sounds like a dependency problem with Ubuntu. Not sure how to
> advise. Maybe try the Ubuntu support forums, or hopefully someone else
> on the list has come across it.

Actually, I am using Ubuntu Dapper, and do not see this problem.
Are you sure that it you did not choose some other package? What
happens if you reinstall gtranslator from the package manager?
What version of Ubuntu are you using (you can check this from the
file, /proc/version)?

> >           Now Kindly, if you are able to tell me how to get a good
> >  start to localize my debian distribution effectively, please don't
> >  hesitate to tell it too.

[...]

You could start by taking a look at http://debian-in.alioth.debian.org
which is the homepage of the Debian Indic project that coordinates
the integration of Indian languages into Debian. People working on
Debian Indic localisation also hang out in the indlinux-group mailing
list. You can sign up, and/or look at the archives from the link at
the top of http://indlinux.org/wiki/index.php/MailingLists

Regards,
Gora

Regards,