Re: Help Regarding gtranslator

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 10:00 +0100, Tahir Rauf Abdul Rauf wrote:
> I am a student in Pakistan , and i am currently working to localize
> "Debian Ubuntu" in URDU. I faced some problem regarding the use of
> gtranslator, I don't know whether they are bugs of gtranslator or i am
> unable to understand it.
>
> 1)   Firstly, When i want to install the packages of URDU language,
> the Synaptic package manager say that gtranslator will be removed.
> why ?? How can i translate some PO files in URDU, if the gtranslator
> is removed??

Hi Tahir,

I cannot replicate this error. I just installed language support for
Urdu on my Ubuntu Linux 6.06 and it worked without a problem.
You mention you tried to install the language support using Synaptic.
The recommended way to install the language support is by going to
System/Administration/Language Support
and selecting Urdu.

Simos