From: Zaw Win Aung <zwassdt yahoo com>
Date: Jul 3, 2006 10:59 AM
Subject: Re: burmese - non-responsive coordinator
To: Victor San Kho Lin <victor sankholin gmail com>

Hey Christian,

Please put lin in charge of the coordinator.

Regards,
Zaw

--- Victor San Kho Lin <victor sankholin gmail com>
wrote:

Good effort and idea, Lin.

Just for your reference, uniscribe and opentype is
not officially
shape burmese. Pango is also not officially shape
burmese. You could
try http://sourceforge.net/projects/prahita but it
uses PUA.

Recently Padauk release version 2
(http://scripts.sil.org/Padauk)
which include lastest milestone unicode confrontment
for Myanmar
scripts and recommanded. You need Pango-Graphite
patch. Read more at
http://www.unimm.org/cms/node/18

I'm a developer from http://www.unimm.org. You may
somehow try at
https://launchpad.net/rosetta/
which you can find me
https://launchpad.net/people/haalaaluu

There are other few people joining, too. We did some
translation with
partial unicode font. Please let me know for any
update.

-- Victor SKL

<menthos gnome org> wrote:

> > > Zaw Win Aung, can you please respond to this
as soon as possible? If
> > > you will not respond for a week from now, we
may be forced to select a
> > > new Burmese coordinator.
> > >
> > > Lin, are you volunteering for the new Burmese
coordinator position? In
> > > that case, can you present references (URLs)
to some Burmese
> > > translations you have made in the past?
> > >

> > > Christian
> >
> > Hi Christian,
>
> Hi. Please keep the list cc:ed.
>

> > I would be happy to volunteer as Burmese
Coordinator position.  My aim
> > is not just coordinating but also promote and
encourage other burmese
> > developers to get involved. As you probably
notice, although there may
> > have been some progress in the project, due to
the lack of proper
> > coordination and central point of focus to
update the roadmap, progress
> > 'etc.  the project is appear to be stalling.  I
would like to setup a
> > project website, perhaps a wiki and svn to
encourage other developers to
> > get involved and also to update and inform
everyone the current status
> > of the project, milestones and roadmap 'etc.
> >
> > I have previously involved in Myanmar(Burmese)
Unicode porting project,
http://www.myanmars.net/unicode/projects.htm

> I could not find any reference to your name on
that page. What is your
> full name?
>
> Furthermore, do you have a Bugzilla account at
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ ? If not, please create
one (at the
> bugzilla.gnome.org site), and let me know the
account name (the e-mail