Re: Announcing new team for bn_IN

On 7/2/06, Christian Rose <menthos gnome org> wrote:
On 6/26/06, Taneem Ahmed <taneem eyetap org> wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Christian Rose wrote:
> > Taneem Ahmed <taneem eyetap org> *is* still the current official
> > coordinator for Bengali translations of GNOME. He has not publically
> > resigned, nor has his coordinatorship been publically challenged by
> > anyone else on the gnome-i18n list.
> >
> > If you would like to ask for a new Bengali coordinator to be
> > appointed, please send a new mail to this list clearly saying so, and
> > please also mention who you would like to be the new coordinator and
> > why.
> >
> > I do not think we will accept any new bn_* team unless the (current)
> > Bengali coordinator agrees with that change, which in this case means
> > that Taneem Ahmed will have to agree with the change. Otherwise, we
> > will have to solve the coordinatorship issue first before the split
> > can even be considered.
>
> Hi Cristian,
>
> Bengali translation till now has been done by Ankur group, and I guess
> most of the Ankur members from India feels that it makes sense to have
> bn_IN. My personal view is not to take this path, but I respect their
> wish and agree to the new bn_IN team for the Indian Bengali translation
> with the details Sayamindu has provided.
>
> I guess there is no point having a bn_BD team for Bangladeshi Bengali, and
> the current bn team can carry on. Keeping that in mind I would like to
> hand over the bn team coordinator postion to Jamil Ahmed
> <itsjamil gmail com>. All our * bengalinux org are forwarded aliases, so I
> guess itsjamil gmail com should be used for security reasons.
>
> I would also like to thank you for all your help through out the time I
> was involved with the project.

Ok, Jamil, you are now the new coordinator for Bengali. Welcome!
Please verify that both both
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/teams.html and
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=l10n are correct.
Taneem, thanks for all that you have done, and I wish you good luck.

Thanks! Yes, it looks good. :)

Btw, I applied for translator's CVS account long time ago. Assigned
ticket ID was [gnome.org #1065]. But didn't get any response yet.

Best,
`Jamil