Re: burmese - non-responsive coordinator

Good effort and idea, Lin.

Just for your reference, uniscribe and opentype is not officially
shape burmese. Pango is also not officially shape burmese. You could
try http://sourceforge.net/projects/prahita but it uses PUA.

Recently Padauk release version 2 (http://scripts.sil.org/Padauk)
which include lastest milestone unicode confrontment for Myanmar
scripts and recommanded. You need Pango-Graphite patch. Read more at
http://www.unimm.org/cms/node/18

I'm a developer from http://www.unimm.org. You may somehow try at
https://launchpad.net/rosetta/
which you can find me https://launchpad.net/people/haalaaluu

There are other few people joining, too. We did some translation with
partial unicode font. Please let me know for any update.

-- Victor SKL

On 7/2/06, Christian Rose <menthos gnome org> wrote:
On 6/28/06, Lin <lin dagon-1 net> wrote:
> On [2006-06-22 17:03:45 +0200] - Christian Rose <menthos gnome org> wrote:
> >
> > Zaw Win Aung, can you please respond to this as soon as possible? If
> > you will not respond for a week from now, we may be forced to select a
> > new Burmese coordinator.
> >
> > Lin, are you volunteering for the new Burmese coordinator position? In
> > that case, can you present references (URLs) to some Burmese
> > translations you have made in the past?
> >

> > Christian
>
> Hi Christian,

Hi. Please keep the list cc:ed.

> I would be happy to volunteer as Burmese Coordinator position.  My aim
> is not just coordinating but also promote and encourage other burmese
> developers to get involved. As you probably notice, although there may
> have been some progress in the project, due to the lack of proper
> coordination and central point of focus to update the roadmap, progress
> 'etc.  the project is appear to be stalling.  I would like to setup a
> project website, perhaps a wiki and svn to encourage other developers to
> get involved and also to update and inform everyone the current status
> of the project, milestones and roadmap 'etc.
>
> I have previously involved in Myanmar(Burmese) Unicode porting project,
> detail of the project can be found on http://www.myanmars.net/unicode/projects.htm

I could not find any reference to your name on that page. What is your
full name?

Furthermore, do you have a Bugzilla account at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ ? If not, please create one (at the
bugzilla.gnome.org site), and let me know the account name (the e-mail
address you used for registering the account).

Thanks,