Re: gnome-panel translation problem. "System" apperiance.

Le jeudi 16 février 2006 à 20:41 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod a écrit :
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Vladimer Sichinava wrote:
>
> > > AFAIR, because "System" menu comes from an Ubuntu(?) patch,
> > > changing the default "Desktop" menu of gnome-panel.  Hence, the
> > > string "System" is not in the gnome-panel source, and so marked
> > > fuzzy as in unused.
> > >
> > > A solution is to add a N_("System") somewhere in the gnome-panel
> > > source.
> > >
> > > behdad
> > >
> > N_("System") sorry ? in which format ? I can't really understand ? :(
> > Yes I normally add manually "System" string, and it works... but every time
> > I make msgmerge -U gnome-panel.po gnome-panel.HEAD.pot....
> > "System" become fuzzy...
>
> As I said, it should be put in the gnome-panel *source code*.
> That was a hint to gnome-panel maintainers to fix this problem,
> not translators.

???
This is not really an option: it makes no sense to add all the
added-by-patches strings in the upstream source code.

What might make sense is replacing Desktop by System, though (since
Fedora and Ubuntu are using System...).

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.