Re: gnome-panel translation problem. "System" apperiance.

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Vladimer Sichinava wrote:

> Hello Folks,
>

> Every time I merge my gnome-panel.po file, I loose my "System" entry on
> my panel...
> I don't know why but msgmerge makes this entry fuzzy:
>
> msgid "System"
> msgstr "ááááááá"
>
> So every time I must add this lines manually to get my "System" on the
> panel translated.

AFAIR, because "System" menu comes from an Ubuntu(?) patch,
changing the default "Desktop" menu of gnome-panel.  Hence, the
string "System" is not in the gnome-panel source, and so marked
fuzzy as in unused.

A solution is to add a N_("System") somewhere in the gnome-panel
source.

behdad