Re: possible bug in gtk+/po/hy.po

On 11/28/06, David Loyall <david loyall gmail com> wrote:
Hello.

I receive an error when compiling GTK+ version 2.10.6. I'm using
"msgfmt (GNU gettext-tools) 0.15", and my system is Ubuntu 6.10.

Here is the error:

file=./`echo hy | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
     && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/msgfmt -c -o $file hy.po
hy.po:160: number of format specifications \
     in 'msgid' and 'msgstr[1]' does not match
/usr/bin/msgfmt: found 1 fatal error
make[2]: *** [hy.gmo] Error 1

The problem seems to be that hy.po contains this (at line 156):

#: gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixdata.c:431
#, c-format
msgid "failed to allocate image buffer of %u byte"
msgid_plural "failed to allocate image buffer of %u bytes"
msgstr[0] "Չհաջողվեց հատկացնել պատկերի %u բայթանոց բուֆեր"
msgstr[1] ""

See, there isn't any data for msgstr[1].  When changed "" to "failed
to allocate image buffer of %u bytes", I was able to compile my local
copy without further errors.  (Sorry, I don't speak Armenian! ;)  )

I hope this this helps!  If you would like me to try to provide more
information, just let me know.

Thanks for your report. However, in order to make sure that the
correct translators can have a look at this, please also file a proper
bug report in our bug tracker at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/.
You can use the simple bug tracker
(http://bugzilla.gnome.org/simple-bug-guide.cgi) for entering the
report. While doing this, please also make sure you set the type of
bug report to "Translations". Then, on the next screens, select
"Platform"->"gtk+" and "Armenian [hy]".

Thanks,