Re: Weekly translation status for Gnome 2.16

Op Sat, 26 Aug 2006 18:23:06 +0530
schreef Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel <ankit redhat com>:

> Hi,
>
> I still don't understand the difference between Supported,
> Partially supported, & Unsupported languages. Can somebody here
> please make it clear for me?
>
> Does it mean by :-
>     1. Unsupported - Gnome won't provide any kind of **support**
> (bug solving, feature request, etc.)* *for these languages?
>     2. Unsupported - Gnome **won't include** these languages into
> the release OR gnome **will remove** these languages' translation
> from the release?
>
>     1. Partially supported - Gnome will provide **support for few
> packages** (bug solving, feature request, etc.) only which are
> translated into these languages?
>     2. Partially supported - Gnome **will include** these languages
> into the **few packages** of the release only OR gnome **will
> remove** partially supported language translation from **few
> packages** of the release?
>
> Here the main confusion is between two words **support* &
> *inclusion*.*
>
> However, i feel that in both of the cases first one should be
> correct, but if someone confirms then it will good.
>
> If i am posting this question at the wrong place, please direct me
> to the correct one.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Ankit Patel

Well, actually, it doesn't mean any of the above. :-)

When 80% or more is translated, we, the translators, consider a
language supported. Most of the interface is usable.
Between 50 and 80, it's kinda supported because it's sortof usable.
But you'll see a lot of leftover English.
And less than 50% simply means that you might run into some
translated strings, but don't count on a translated desktop just yet.

It doesn't mean we don't listen to bugreports (we will) or won't
include the translations. They will be included.

Kind regards,
Vincent van Adrighem