Re: How can I join a translation team ?

On 4/20/06, Young Song <Young J Song sun com> wrote:
> > One useful guide at this stage is the amount of progress on the
> > status pages for your language. If llittle or no change has occurred
> > there since you said you were willing to translate, then there's
> > probably little risk that your translation time would be wasted. You
> > could probably start translating, and by the time you've finished
> > some files, there would be definite news on your status, and others
> > could review and commit those files for you.
> >
> > I'm not entirely sure about the procedure in these cases (which I
> > know our coordinators always follow carefully). Do we have it online
> > anywhere, so people can understand how it works?
>
> Yes, that's what I'd like to know. I see po files that have partial
> Korean translations in them. Do I simply make a copy of the file and
> return the fully translated file to the coordinator for the file to be
> committed? I'm not sure about the process.

Every language team is allowed to have its own process, if in doubt
please ask the team coordinator about the process in that team.

> > But undoubtedly, our co-ordinators will get back to you soon, with
> > definite information on the status of your team, and what you can
> > most usefully do at this stage.
>
> I'd prefer to wait until communication is established with the
> coordinator or the language (i.e. Korean) group before I start putting
> time on it.

Nevertheless, if you should find that you are unable to get any
response at all from the Korean team coordinator, please let us know,
so that we may resolve the team coordinatorship issue somehow.