Re: How can I join the Esperanto translation team ?

On 4/11/06, Raphael Higino <phhigino gmail com> wrote:
> On 4/11/06, Clytie Siddall <clytie riverland net au> wrote:
> > However, if you want to risk the duplication angle (which is less
> > likely if the team has not been active), you can start translating/
> > updating files and asking people here to commit them for you (send a
> > mail with a link to the completed files).
>
> I'd like someone to correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK Guillaume can
> risk duplicating work but he can't have his Esperanto translations
> uploaded until the problem with the current official coordinator has
> been solved.
>
> That's because if Esperanto coordinator and team are still active,
> they must have their own QA process, which while Guillaume's
> translations must be very welcome, they'd most likely want to apply it
> to them.
>
> More experienced guys, am I right?

Yes, you're entirely right. It's always the coordinator for the
affected language who has to approve what translations for that
language can go in. And until the coordinator is officially changed,
the coordinator remains the same.

Of course, Clytie is also right -- in situations like this, it is
probably a very safe bet that the team coordinatorship will somehow
change eventually, and that the new translations will probably be
approved by the new coordinator. As a consequence, you could try to
start translating right away in order to save some time in situations
like this, and if you're not afraid of the theoretical danger of
wasted work.

However, new Esperanto translations must not be *committed* until the
coordinatorship issue has been officially resolved. And there is still
some days left for that.