Re: How can I join the Esperanto translation team ?

On 11/04/2006, at 10:12 PM, Raphael Higino wrote:

On 4/11/06, Clytie Siddall <clytie riverland net au> wrote:
However, if you want to risk the duplication angle (which is less
likely if the team has not been active), you can start translating/
updating files and asking people here to commit them for you (send a
mail with a link to the completed files).

I'd like someone to correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK Guillaume can risk duplicating work but he can't have his Esperanto translations uploaded until the problem with the current official coordinator has been solved.

That's because if Esperanto coordinator and team are still active,
they must have their own QA process, which while Guillaume's
translations must be very welcome, they'd most likely want to apply it
to them.

More experienced guys, am I right?

Most likely, Raphael. I should have mentioned that. I was trying to encourage him, at a time when he might be feeling rather discouraged by lack of reaction from his team ... a bit out in the cold. We don't want him going away thinking, "Gnome? They weren't really interested." We are most definitely interested. :)

It still won't do any harm for Guillaume to work on some files: by the time he's finished them, there should be some information one way or another on the team. He's just volunteered for the team-co- ordinator position if it becomes vacant, so that's one more point established.

Thanks for catching my mistake, Raphael. :)

(I could offer you a full-time job doing that, but there's no pay. :D )

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)