Re: gedit branched for 2.14

Christian Rose wrote:
On 4/4/06, Abel Cheung <abelcheung gmail com> wrote:
On 3/23/06, Paolo Borelli <pborelli katamail com> wrote:
Don't forget to branch gedit-plugins too.
gedit-plugins is dead and it's been dead for a long time. Beside even if
Danilo, is it a good idea to remove gedit-plugins from translation
status page since it won't be active at least the short future?

If it's dead, someone should request for it to be moved to the "archive" section of CVS, which is intended for dead modules. That way, all contributors will actually notice that it's dead, instead of having it just rotten in the main CVS space forever. So if someone mails cvsadmin gnome org and asks for it to be moved to the archive, then we can remove it from the translation status pages at the same time.

gedit-plugins is not dead: it has been unmaintained for some years (from 2.6 to 2.12 iirc) and it has been almost dead in the last months since as you may know gedit has changed its plugin system and the plugins in that package were not ported to the new system.

However now the module has been brought back to life by Steve Frecineaux and we will use it to collect some new plugins for the new gedit.

We very much welcome the help of the translation team with it. That said it's likely that the module will be pretty much "in flux" for the coming months. I am not sure how the translation team handles modules which are in gnome cvs, that would welcome translations, but that are not part of any release schedule and that should probably not affect translations statisctics etc.

Sorry for the confusion

ciao

   Paolo