Re: GIMP confusion

Hi,

Clytie Siddall <clytie riverland net au> writes:

> I'm fighting my way through the 13000 context-bare lines of the core
> GIMP file, and while tossing a coin or employing fortune-tellers has
> got me through quite a few strings, this one has me stumped:
>
> #: ../app/core/core-enums.c:820 ../app/core/core-enums.c:851
> msgid "Drawable mod"
>
> Could someone please tell me what the "mod" in this case is? Model?
> Modification? Modern art? Modal dialogue? |Absolute value|? Modus
> operandi of frustrated translators? Mode?

It's "modification". And yes, we should change that string. The word
"drawable" shouldn't be used anywhere in the user interface, nor
should we be using an abbreviation like "mod". In this particular
case, the string is actually just a fallback that should never be
used. It should thus probably not be marked for translation at all.
Could you please file a bug report for this, so that I don't forget to
verify that the string isn't used and to unmark it (and other unused
strings in the Undo system) for translation?

Sven