CVS advice (was Re: Can't commit updated PO file: gtkhtml gnome-2-12)

On àà., 2005-09-08 at 21:04 +0100, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
> I think that adding the files you want to update in the command line
> causes the problem.

Wrong. The command dooteo was using was perfectly correct valid. The
cause of the problem is explained in the error message (and in other

I would go so far as to *recommend* that you specify exactly which files
you are trying to commit (as dooteo did), in case you accidentally
commit changes to files that weren't ready to be commit. I always do.
And, *always* do a cvs diff first to be sure your patch is clean!

> CVS is smart to find by itself which files need sending to the server.

Yep, it's smart enough to find other files you forgot you'd made changes
to. However, it's not smart enough to revert such mistakes for you or
wipe the egg from your face when it happens - you'll end up having to do
that yourself ;)

--
Ross