Re: Translating release notes

Today at 13:15, Murray Cumming wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 11:45 +0100, Frank Arnold wrote:
>> I've just tested the generation of German translation and well, it is
>> used... as footnote of generated HTML files.
>>
>> When you have a look at http://www.gnome.org/ there is a footnote like
>> ---
>> Copyright  2003, The GNOME Project
>> GNOME and the foot logo are trademarks of the GNOME Foundation.
>> Optimized for standards. Hosted by Red Hat
>> ---
>>
>> At this place you get mentioned with
>> ---
>> Copyright  2005. YOUR NAME (YOURMAIL HOST DOMAIN)
>> ---
>> (without above informations or notice of Murray/Davyd)
>
> We may not remove the GNOME copyright. If you can add a credit for the
> translator then that's great.

If I understood Frank correctly, this is the copyright which appears
on main Gnome pages, but not in release notes (such as the ones on
http://gnome.org/start/2.8/notes/).

As for copyright, xml2po doesn't remove anything from the XML file
(at least it shouldn't), but only *adds* mention of translator.

I don't know how are release notes turned into HTML, and perhaps it
would be enough to add appropriate <copyright> fields for "The Gnome
Project" in source XML?

Cheers,
Danilo