Re: hebrew translation problem

mån 2005-06-13 klockan 20:57 +0300 skrev Yair Hershkovitz:
> i'm having a problem translating strings when i need to keep the first
> word in english
>
> since pango will then decide the sentence it left-to-right (though it is
> right to left) , the first word will then be displayed as the last
> (thats bcz the hebrew stuff will be appended to the right of the word)
>
> this usually happens with application names, we don't translate
> application name. but sometimes this happens with technical words that
> are not translatable

For Pango problems, the gtk-i18n-list
(http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-i18n-list/) is usually a
better forum.
Still, maybe someone can give the answer to the problem on this list.
Nevertheless, you might want to maximize your chances of getting a
response by also posting your question to gtk-i18n-list.