Re: is there any use to keep translating gnome 2.10?

Today at 12:13, Carlos Perellà MarÃn wrote:

>> What are you going to do with string freeze breakages?  I.e. if you
>> ship a tarball which has "_Borwse", and it's later fixed in CVS and
>> translations are updated, this is going to end up untranslated, right?
>
> Not really, as our .pot files will not get that string breakage, the old
> translation will remain.

But msgmerge (and by extension, intltool-update) removes the very
similar translation (one fuzzy is based on) instead of marking it
"obsolete".  So, such translations would be lost in the PO file you're
fetching from CVS, so it won't help.  Unless you're re-using the
translation from the tarball as well.

It's an excellent idea, but it has to be executed very carefully,
that's all I'm saying (generic GNU gettext utilities are not
sufficient AFAIK).

Cheers,
Danilo