Re: Difficult strings (was: Re[2]: i18n and GNOME hackers)

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 16:30:31 +0800, Funda Wang wrote:

> The real problem is that, the developers are creating words which are not
> commonly used, such as spatial mode of Nautilus. Why it is called spatial
> mode, rather than "creating seperated window for every folder"?

IMHO, "spatial mode" is an expression that is quite realistic. I agree
that the word is not commonly used, but it's very straight and fairly easy
to translate.

> "spatital mode", and it seems all the results are related to nautilus, which
> means nautilus is naming the most common concept in a different phrase.

Not entirely true according to my humble knowledge. GNUstep
developers and users name "spatial mode" the analogical mode in
GWorkspace, which is the analogical to nautilus app in GNUstep. Since
NEXTSTEP's Workspace Manager had that mode as well and it was developed
far before nautilus, I think the word itself is natural and not
"nautilus hackers' invention". I like it very much (both the word and the
spatial mode itself) :-)

--
Yavor Doganov
Free Software Association - Bulgaria	http://fsa-bg.org