Re: Difficult strings

Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 04:30:31PM +0800, Funda Wang wrote:

Clytie> WAN cards: Wide Area Network cards, Funda, AFAIK.
Thanks. I was thing of it at first. But what is that? Are the LAN cards
really different from the WAN cards? I've never heard of such a device
named as "WAN cards", besides ADSL modem, Cable modem, ATM adaptor, etc.

could be a card that is cabable of doing the 802.16a wireless wan protocol, that has a range of about 50 km instead of 11g's 300 m.
To me this is an interesting technology.

Try googling with "WAN card" and you will get quite some results. WAN is for Wide Area Network.
Typically WAN cards are not consumer electronics, so they are not that high profile.
For example, you would need a WAN card for a T1/E1 connection.


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]