Re: rosetta

On 7/3/05, Clytie Siddall <clytie riverland net au> wrote:
> > anything you translate for rosseta will have no effect to GTP.
> > Sadly it only affects ubuntu distribution unless you take the
> > responsibility to bring it back to GTP.
>
> I don't know whether they've improved the currency, but I put a lot
> of work into translating the huge Gaim file on Rosetta, only to find
> the current file, 75% translated, on Pootle. Boy, was I peeved!

There is another problem too: are software maintainers incorporating
your translation? This is less likely a problem for GNOME/KDE, since all
po files / documents are committed into CVS/SVN, and they will be used
IF maintainers upload new tarball for releases. But for other translation
projects (including TP), that's a problem. Translations may end up
sitting there, never incorporated into tarball if software maintainers
don't care.

Abel