Re: rosetta

On 03/07/2005, at 10:23 AM, Nikos Charonitakis wrote:

anything you translate for rosseta will have no effect to GTP.
Sadly it only affects ubuntu distribution unless you take the
responsibility to bring it back to GTP.

I don't know whether they've improved the currency, but I put a lot of work into translating the huge Gaim file on Rosetta, only to find the current file, 75% translated, on Pootle. Boy, was I peeved!

Currency is a big issue: if you're translating anything away from the main Gnome (KDE, Debian etc.) project, you want to make sure you have the current file, or you can waste a lot of time translating something that won't be used. :(

With Pootle, you can upload the current files you've taken from your l10n page, and they're working towards CVS/SVN dynamic checkout and commits.

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

á thÃnh phá Renmark, tái mián sÃng cáa Nam Ãc