Re: String change in gnome-applets locations

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 03:43:35PM +0100, Danilo Šegan wrote:
> > -      <_name>Barcelona/Aeropuerto</_name>
> > +      <_name>Barcelona/Aeroport</_name>
>
> > -      <_name>Valencia</_name>
> > +      <_name>Valencia/Aeroport</_name>
> Should these be "Airport" in what are supposed to be English strings
> where appropriate?

Fine by me, I just saw it was in Spanish and corrected it. It definitely
makes sense to have it in English.

> > -      <_name>Ibiza/Es Codola</_name>
> > +      <_name>Eivissa/Es Codola</_name>
> If this is the "Ibiza" which is otherwise known in English-speaking
> community as "Ibiza"[1], it should probably stay "Ibiza".  If not,
> then it's all fine (according the page below, there's a town of
> "Eivissa" on the island of "Ibiza"; what's to be used here I really
> don't know!)
> [1] http://www.mallorcafact.com/ibiza/
>
> Of course, you know better than I do if that's the case, so this is
> just a comment, not a complaint.

Eivissa and Ibiza different names for a city and island. I'm discussing
this one with other Softcatalà people, but I guess it could stay as
Ibiza if that name is so well known outside. Sucks. :)

I assume there's no objections for the rest of the entries.

Jordi
jordi sindominio net     jordi debian org     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/