Re: rosetta

Hello Carlos,

Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> We (Rosetta team) are working on it, we have a GNOME team and we blocked
> the GNOME translations only to GTP members, but the team creation and
> imports takes sometime.

Nice to hear that :)

> We already have a start of a translation memory showing you all
> translations we have in other modules when the msgid is the same. It's
> just a start and is far from being real translation memory, but we are
> moving into that direction, don't worry.

Great.  Before accomplishing the full TM capability, I think it would
be easier and more important to at least have the words contained in
the Gnome Glossary automatically translated in translatable modules.

I think all the GTP projects have the glossary ready and offering this
feature would only require a search and replace approach for about
3000 words contained in the glossary.

> No, GTP is not using Rosetta officially, but we are working on automatic
> imports into Rosetta with permissions set to official translation teams
> so they can use Rosetta if they want to. It's their choice, we are going
> to offer it like Kbabel or GTranslator, just another tool to help the
> GNOME Translations.

I am happy to hear that. This is indeed the correct approach and I
hope many teams will find online translation very helpful.

I also hope to see Rosetta going open source some time in future :)

Best regards,
Aiet Kolkhi