Re: (re)enable CVS commit-time check for validity of po files?

On àà., 2005-08-04 at 22:03 +0700, Ross Golder wrote:
> On à., 2005-08-02 at 11:29 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Frank Arnold wrote:
> >
> > > And again Christans warning. Verify your translation before committing.
> > > msgfmt -cv -o /dev/null --check-accelerators="_" xx.po
> >
> > Any reason the commit-time check is not performed anymore?  I see
> > the necessary bits available in CVSROOT, but apparently they are
> > being used.
> >

> Anyone know why this is disabled? Does anyone object to (or even
> endorse) this commit-time check being re-enabled?

OK, re-enabled now. The main msgfmt command involved is simply:

msgfmt -o /dev/null "$1" 2>&1

I haven't changed this from it's previous incarnation. Are the '-cv'
options useful?

I've just tested it by breaking gtranslator/po/th.po slightly and
committing it. Unfortunately, it committed it without a problem, so the
check isn't working. I think it's a bug in the shell script
(CVSROOT/check-po-commit.sh), but I'll need more time to look into it
more closely.

--
Ross