problem installing intltool :(

Hi guys :)

In my battle to understand the gnome checkout and commit process, I've also run into problems installing intltool.

I tried grabbing it from gnome ftp, but the configure errored out on no perl. I then asked fink to install it (which I assumed would bring all its baggage with it) and it also bugged out.

Failed 1/30 test scripts, 96.67% okay. 1/447 subtests failed, 99.78% okay.
Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail Failed List of Failed
----------------------------------------------------------------------- --------
t/heuristic.t 15 1 6.67% 7
1 test skipped.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 45
### execution of make failed, exit code 2
Failed: compiling uri-pm581-1.30-11 failed

Can anyone please help me understand what the problem is? As I said in an email to the cvs people at gnome, I really wish I could spend more time translating files, and less time trying to work out how to commit them when finished...

Any help much appreciated.

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhÃm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

á thÃnh phá Renmark, tái mián sÃng cáa Nam Ãc