Re: problem installing intltool :(

Op do, 14-04-2005 te 17:14 +0930, schreef Clytie Siddall:
> Hi guys :)
>
> In my battle to understand the gnome checkout and commit process, I've
> also run into problems installing intltool.
>
> I tried grabbing it from gnome ftp, but the configure errored out on no
> perl. I then asked fink to install it (which I assumed would bring all
> its baggage with it) and it also bugged out.
>
> > Failed 1/30 test scripts, 96.67% okay. 1/447 subtests failed, 99.78%
> > okay.
> > Failed Test   Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
> > --------
> > t/heuristic.t               15    1   6.67%  7
> > 1 test skipped.
> > make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 45
> > ### execution of make failed, exit code 2
> > Failed: compiling uri-pm581-1.30-11 failed
>
> Can anyone please help me understand what the problem is? As I said in
> an email to the cvs people at gnome, I really wish I could spend more
> time translating files, and less time trying to work out how to commit
> them when finished...
>
> Any help much appreciated.

As stated in the other mail, you don't really need intltool itself. Just
msgfmt to check (and maybe the gettext-lint package for extra checks).

Intltool is only used when generating new po-files and pot-files. This
is done by the statuspages-server. You only have to use a web client.

If you have any more questions, please ask. We're here to help.

Kind regards,
Vincent van Adrighem
--
GNOME vertalen: Kijk op http://nl.gnome.org/ voor meer info.
Kom eens langs op irc://irc.gnome.org/gnome-nl/