Re: (KA) Georgian support

sön 2004-09-26 klockan 01.04 skrev Aiet Kolkhi:
> Hello,
>
> I am still having problems reaching the Georgian coordinator. He promised to send me the list of some files to be translated as well as some info regarding the process, but I have not heard from him after that.
>
> Hopefully he is still subscribed to this mailing list and reads my post, as I have some POs completed in Georgian and would like to upload them to CVS.
>
> Christian,
> if the Georgian coordinator still does not respond, would it be possible for me to have a write acces to CVS directory where Georgian POs should be stored, or is there any other way I could upload them? The Georgian localization project has been delayed pretty long and I guess it would be nice if we could at least upload some translations.

I think Sandro Gavtadze has already had his last chance as Georgian
coordinator.

Sandro announced the existing Georgian team in May 2003. Immediately
after that I requested some mandatory Bugzilla information that we
require for all GNOME translation teams, information that I never
recieved, nor did I ever hear from Sandro again in any other way. I kept
requesting it over and over again for many months, until finally I got
the information in April this year, but only after having to threat him
to remove the Georgian team entry completely.

By that time, almost a year had passed, and no new Georgian translations
at all had been contributed, and no explanation given why.

Then in May this year, Aiet Kolkhi pointed out that Sandro was
unreachable, and didn't respond to any mails. Again, it was only after
there was an explicit threat to remove him as coordinator that he
finally responded in June, stating "the work is in progress and we are
hoping to release some of the files soon."
He got his last chance as Georgian coordinator, under the condition that
he was to cooperate fully with Aiet.

Appearantly this has failed. Also, there still are no signs of any
Georgian translations done by Sandro or any member of his team.

Thus, I see no alternative but to assign the Georgian coordinatorship in
the GTP to Aiet Kolkhi instead. I shall update the
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/teams.html page in a few
minutes.

Let's hope the situation w.r.t. Georgian translations in GNOME will
improve. There appears to be a good chance for that, because the
situation up until now couldn't have been worse.

Aiet: Please let us know if you have any questions. You'll find what you
should translate for full GNOME support at
http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.8/ka/developer-libs/ and
http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.8/ka/desktop/. Once you have some
finished po files, please send them to me (UTF-8-encoded, validated with
msgfmt, and gzipped) or put them on a web page somewhere where I can
fetch them. Alternatively, you can send them to anyone else with a CVS
account willing to commit the files for you. After you've contributed a
few translations this way, you can request for a CVS account of your own
by following the instructions at
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/policies/accounts/. Also, please create a
Bugzilla account at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ if you haven't got one
already, and please let me know when you've done so. Good luck!