Re: How add the Aztec Language to the Proyect

El mar, 21-09-2004 a las 05:22, Keld Jørn Simonsen escribió:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 10:32:37AM +0200, Christian Rose wrote:
> > tis 2004-09-21 klockan 01.24 skrev Daniel Espinosa Ortiz:
> > > We are a group of peaple working in translate Free Software to a Mexican
> > > Language like Aztec (nah is the ISO code), and want to test some
> > > translations, but I thing we need a locale for that.
> > >
> > > The locale, need to use the settings for es_MX, becouse this language is
> > > just in Mexico as a native speakers, and we want to have a enviromente
> > > where if any string is not translated the message must be showed in
> > > Mexican Spanish (es_MX) or in Spanish (es).
> > >
> > > Could you help us?
> >
> > As you point out, Aztec doesn't have its own language code, just the
> > shared "nah" one, according to
> > http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/englangn.html.
> >
> > Unfortunately, this is the same language code that you have claimed you
> > will be using for Nahuatl translations, for which you have already
> > registered a team with the GNOME Translation Project.
> >
> > As gettext and glibc rely on the (unique) language codes for handling
> > translations, I see a problem here. You'd probably want to solve the
> > language code problem somehow in advance to dealing with translations.
>
> Well, I think the way forward for you is to get a new language code for
> the language you will translate for. The ISO committee that assigns new
> codes are pretty responsive, so this wil probably take you something
> like a few months to get an officially approved ISO code.
>
> In the meantime you could begin translation, (without committing the po
> files) but there is nothing that needs to stop you going forward with
> translation now.
>
> best regards
> and good luck
>
> keld

Right, I find in the Page Cristian point, that the correct name of the
Language is Nahuatl (in other place I find the Aztec as the english
translation), after today I will refer just the Nahuatl and his code
'nah' for our translations.

But becouse we think to translate in other Mexican Languages, we'll
request a code from the ISO committee.

Thanks all.