Re: How add the Aztec Language to the Proyect

Kaixo!

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 06:24:03PM -0500, Daniel Espinosa Ortiz wrote:
> We are a group of peaple working in translate Free Software to a Mexican
> Language like Aztec (nah is the ISO code), and want to test some
> translations, but I thing we need a locale for that.

Well, not exactly; you can have translations displayed in a given
language even if there isn't a locale for that language; what is needed
is a locale with a suitable character set (just use an UTF-8 one
and you will be ok).
That being said, a proper locale will be better, for sorting order
for example.

> The locale, need to use the settings for es_MX, becouse this language is
> just in Mexico as a native speakers, and we want to have a enviromente
> where if any string is not translated the message must be showed in
> Mexican Spanish (es_MX) or in Spanish (es).

then define LANGUAGE="nah:es_MX:es"
that way, if a Nahuatl translation is not available, it will be
looked in Spanish, and only if it isn't available in Spanish either,
will it be displayed in English.
As for LC_* variables, you can set them to "es_MX.UTF-8"

Then when you launch your programs you should see the things translated
into Nahuatl appearing.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.walon.org/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Catalan or Esperanto]
[min povas skribi en valona, esperanta, angla aux latinidaj lingvoj]