need a little help with i18n'izing my app

Hi,

i've been trying to add i18n to gparted for a couple of days and now i'm
stuck at the "integrating into your build environment" part.

I encounter three obvious errors:
- XGETTEXT isn't set (config.log)
- MSGFMT isn't set (config.log)
- while compiling i get these warnings:
	warning: statement with no effect

these compilerwarning refer to this code :
bindtextdomain (GETTEXT_PACKAGE, GPARTEDLOCALEDIR);
bind_textdomain_codeset (GETTEXT_PACKAGE, "UTF-8");
textdomain (GETTEXT_PACKAGE);

I followed the tutorial (http://www.gnome.org/~malcolm/i18n/) as closely
as possible and looked at several other gnomeprojects, but somehow i
can't get it done!

On IRC someone said a couple of things were missing in my setup,
hopefully someone here can tell me What is missing.

My current setup: http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gparted/

TIA :)

Bart

--