Re: GTP Logo Revamped

On Sat, 2004-09-11 at 18:31, Jan MorÃn wrote:
> It is very nice and clean. I really like the "brush-stroke" quality!
>
> One thing, though; the graphic is missing some substantial parts of the
> world. You unfortunately cut out most of East Asia (including CHina,
> Indonesia and Japan). At the same time, Europe and North America is
> getting a lot of focus.

Actually, I didn't understand that 'fit it all' concept from the
beginning. It's not a World map for geography classes. Just a sybolic
thing. Anything giving the World Map idea is much more than enough IMHO.
Well it didn't have a continent previously which is a bit tricky in one
sense, but it's fixed so sybolically it's flawless i think.

> A suggestion is to take a worldmap, and distort it until all pieces fit
> inside. Not sure if it is feasible to do so, and still have the pieces
> somewhat recognizable (the kind of excellent continent coloring you've
> done would certainly help a lot).

Looking for countries in that simple map is really an approach that's
meaningless. Not that we had all the flags in current gnome-i18n logo.

> Another possible  suggestion would be to distriute the continents over
> the six fields you have (five toes and a foot), according to relative
> size. So, largest (Asia?) in the foot, second largest in the big toe and
> so on, with Antarctica left behind.
Well there's 4 toes.

Apart from it, logo is awesome I guess. Has a nice idea, great artistic
quality. I'm not sure if 'fit it all' worth the fuss, but if that
happens then don't think nobody will have problem with it.

Nice work Metin.

Baris.