Re: Ideas for a new logo

On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 13:28 +0300, Metin Amiroff wrote:
> Hello!

Hi

> Vincent van Adrighem wrote:
>
> > I'm thinking things like:
> >
> > The gnome foot morphed into an earthican globe
> >
> > Maybe something like atlas (or a gnome) carrying the earth.
>
> Here is the first mockup. I'd like to hear opinions of any kind. I
> wanted to create another one with flags, but not sure because using
> flags sometimes can be offensive to some people.

The problem with the flags is not only if it's offensive or not, the
problem is that some languages are the same (more or less) in different
countries (for instance: Spanish, English, French, etc...) or a country
has more than one language. It's impossible to put all flags in the logo
so, which ones should be there and which ones should not be there? Who
decides it and Why?

> http://www.amiroff.com/drafts/world.png

This logo looks great for me.

> If you still want flags then, http://www.amiroff.com/drafts/flags.png

I don't like this one.

> Currently working on other suggestions though :)

Cool, thank you very much.

> Happy weekend!

Cheers.

--