Re: Other textual domains need to be translated

Metin Amiroff <gnome@azitt.com> writes:

>> - scrollkeeper
>> - xfree86_xml (for translations of keyboard map names in Keyboard layout chooser)

For scrollkeeper, I think Malcolm Tredinnick and Miroslav Trmac are
the ones to ask (mitr on irc.gnome.org, #i18n) -- there might be a
release coming soon, but I'm not sure, and it might not be too
relevant.

xfree86_xml (something similar, I simply can't remember the full name
:), is part of libxklavier, maintained by Sergey (suv).  It might
have another release tommorow (last day for tarball submission for
2.6.0 release), so you'd need to be really fast to get that in.

> If I translate these ASAP, what are the chances I could see them to be
> included?

The chances are 0.4667 ;)  Seriously, I don't know, but I think it's
too late now.  You can always target 2.6.1, it will probably be with
us in a month or so.

> I mean, I think fd.o releases have completely different release
> schedule than Gnome,

Yes, mostly so, unless they're coordinating themselves with us (like
gstreamer and libxklavier are mostly doing).

> Well, I am a huge Opera fan myself and can do nothing about that :)
> By the way, which kind of strings exactly appear from Mozilla? We
> don't have it yet translated.

Opera is not free software, so I tend to dislike it wholeheartedly ;)

On the Mozilla strings, I saw earlier dialogs reporting a "page not
found" or "connection not established" (or something, I can't
remember exactly).  It all depends on Gecko/Necko from Mozilla I
guess.

Cheers,
Danilo