Re: Other textual domains need to be translated

Hi Danilo!

Danilo Segan wrote:

> Hi Metin,
>
> "Metin Amiroff" <gnome@azitt.com> writes:
>

>>From my bad experience in Gnome 2.4 I have to watch Screensaver
>>configuration dialoq in plain english despite having translated
>>100% of essenitals.
>

> Join the crowds of xscreensaver haters all around the world ;)
> And what's else, I don't think it's translatable.

Thanks for pointing out. A quick google search led me to a flame war
where everybody flames xscreensaver author :(

>Still, nobody has stepped forward with the
> solution, and that's the main problem I think.  Do you perhaps
> volunteer? :P

Wish I could, I do web development and I have no programming
language skills :( ( well, maybe except Pascal :) )

> - scrollkeeper
> - xfree86_xml (for translations of keyboard map names in Keyboard layout chooser)

If I translate these ASAP, what are the chances I could see them to be
included?
I mean, I think fd.o releases have completely different release schedule
than Gnome,
so my translation would only be effective on next release of  these
libraries.

> Then add Mozilla to the list as well -- you'll occasionally still come
> across English dialogs originating in Mozilla if you use Epiphany.

Well, I am a huge Opera fan myself and can do nothing about that :)
By the way, which kind of strings exactly appear from Mozilla? We don't
have it
yet translated.

>I guess Swedish is the one;
> Serbian doesn't have Mozilla translated ;).

Lol, I know only 10-15 Swedish  words and all of them are related with
ice hockey :) I enjoy their team by the way...

Thanks,
--Metin