Re: string freeze breakage

ons 2004-03-17 klockan 13.56 skrev Kjartan Maraas:

> > > It's just a schema description.  I really need to commit this soon.
> >
> > Comments below. Before allowing it I'd like to hear the opinions of
> > others aswell (Kjartan and the release team in particular).
>
> I think we need to get this in too.

Ok, then I'm of the same opinion. Please commit (preferrably with the
suggested changes below) and please let gnome-i18n know when it has been
committed.

It seems this patch is needed and it seems there are good reasons why it
has been delayed until now (which I assume is because of GTK+ and
filechooser delays).

> > [...]
> > > +      <locale name="C">
> > > +       <short>Module for GtkFileChooser</short>
> > > +       <long>Module to use as the filesystem model for the
> > > +       GtkFileChooser widget.   Possible values are "gnome-vfs" and "gtk+" </long>
> > > +      </locale>
> >
> > There are three spaces before the second sentence. It should probably
> > just be two.
>
> Why not one?

IIRC it's a common thing in English to follow a period with two spaces
before starting a new sentence. Something from the typewriter era, I
suspect, to make the start of new sentences stand out a bit more with
fixed-width spacings etc.

> > The ending space should probably be replaced with a period to match the
> > common long schema description style.
>
> Yeah.

Ok.