Re: string freeze breakage in file-roller

Hi Paolo,

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 08:05, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 16:55, Christian Rose wrote:
> > fre 2004-03-05 klockan 20.35 skrev Paolo Bacchilega:
> > > in order to fix bug #135863 ("Zip" unfortunate terminology in
> > > file-roller) I have to change some strings thus breaking the freeze.
> > >
> > > I hope this is less annoying than trying to translate the term "zip"
> > > in other languages ;)
> >
> > I'd like to have this reverted, both since:
> >
> > 1) This was committed without advance approval for breaking the string
> > freeze.
> > 2) This is *not* the time for doing extensive terminology changes. That
> > time is before the string freeze.
> >
> > Can we have this reverted as soon as possible?
>
> 	Please revert the change as requested by the GTP team.

	I'm incredibly dissappointed this request for you to revert the change
was ignored.

	The end result now is that the help documentation needs to be updated
and some of the file-roller translations have the string translated
while the rest don't.

	This is why we have string freezes and this is why most maintainers
abide by the GTP teams decisions around requests for string changes.

	However, please don't revert the fix now. The GTP and docs teams are
co-ordinating fixing the problem and anymore changes would just confuse
the issue.

Good Luck,
Mark.