I18n toll wishlist

Just a few notes on things that can/should be easier based on several
months of working with the existing tools. Note that I may be able to do
some of the following and not know the tool/command. Solving these would
boost my productivity.

1) Headers in POT files are fuzzy. In general, I would think the
following information could be intelligently defaulted:
 - title, package, version, copyright, language-team, charset(UTF-8 for
most, I think)
 - last-translator and first-author could be taken from a config file.
 - PO-Revision-Date could default to POT-Creation-Date when generated
(since most tools/scripts set it properly).
Having to set these manually for every single header is a drag; early on
I was guessing for a lot of these. Those with the header already set are
easy to maintain.

2) I can't figure out how to build a glossary automatically from a
collection of po files. I tried msgmerge but it ran all the headers
together.

3) I can't figure out how to apply a glossary correctly; I always end up
with stuff that fails the msgfmt check.  This may be related to #2.

4) It would be nice if some process-translation added last-translator
automatically to the translator-credits.