Re: New team for "Nasa Yuwe" language

tis 2004-06-15 klockan 00.05 skrev santiago j ruano rincon:
> > As Elros told, there seems to be a collective ISO 639 language code for
> > Páez / Nasa Yuwe and some other South American languages: "sai". So this
> > code is probably what you should use when you produce translations.
>
> What happend when another team wants to translate to another of the
> languages that are include in the sai?

Good point. The correct thing to do is most likely to try to get a
separate ISO 639 language code registered for your language. Otherwise
you'll have the same problem when trying to get a locale registered. And
without a locale registered in glibc, people are going to have trouble
using the translations.

Registering a language code requires that you can proove that there
already is a certain amount of written literature in your language,
AFAIK. But you can read more about the registration process on the ISO
639 web site at http://lcweb.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/.

> > I take the above as that you're offering to contribute translations for
> > this language, and be the GNOME language coordinator for it.
> >

> > Support for Páez / Nasa Yuwe (sai) is indeed most welcome in GNOME. I've
> > added your name and e-mail address to the teams page at
> > http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/teams.html now. Please verify
> > that this listing is correct. I used only the "Páez" name since this
> > seemed to be what Ethnologue preferred.
>
> Ok, thanks, but first I have to establish with the rest of the people
> involved the objetives of the project, because translate gnome is a very
> huge job.

Yes, indeed, but it is doable. But you probably would need to discuss
and agree on suitable terminology to use in translations.

> > I'll also send a mail in private to you with a request for bugzilla
> > details. Please reply to that mail as soon as possible.
>
> I've not received it yet. Could you send it again please

I've sent it again now.