Re: Different string totals in status

Today at 16:41, Raphael Higino wrote:

> I'm a Brazilian Portuguese translator and some weeks ago
> I've found something weird: string totals are different
> between  languages.
>
> Why does it happen? Why there are more strings to translate
> for some languages than the others?

This happens from time-to-time when intltool-update cannot update the
PO file (probably a wrong POT name registered, or there're some files
mentioned in POTFILES.in which don't actually exist â running
"intltool-update -m" inside po subdirectory might give you a clue if
the latter is the case).

For instance, if I run this in nautilus/po/, I get:

    $ intltool-update -m
    The following files do not exist anymore:

    components/adapter/Nautilus_ComponentAdapterFactory_std.server.in
    components/emblem/Nautilus_View_emblem.server.in
    components/history/Nautilus_View_history.server.in
    components/image_properties/Nautilus_View_image_properties.server.in
    components/notes/Nautilus_View_notes.server.in
    components/text/Nautilus_View_text.server.in
    components/throbber/Nautilus_Control_throbber.server.in

    Please remove them from POTFILES.in or POTFILES.skip. A file 'notexist'
    containing this list of absent files has been written in the current directory.

So, one would need to remove these files from POTFILES.in in order
for intltool-update to work correctly.

When you notice such a thing, I suggest you report it to Bugzilla
for the relevant component, and CC some/all of the i18n hackers
around who might be able to help fix the issue (such as
menthos menthos com, carlos gnome org, chris gnome-de org,
dsegan gmx net ...).

Cheers,
Danilo