Re: Guikachu branches

Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos@gnome.org> writes:

> Guikachu is not a GNOME 2.x application, it should be inside the GNOME
> 1.4 status pages instead of the GNOME 2.6 ones.

Yes, this is my POV as well -- any Gtk+ 1.2 application would be half
translated in Serbian, at best, because there's no translation for any
of the libraries (gdk, gtk+, libgnome, etc.)

Therefore, I do not care about translating Guikachu which uses
Gtk+ 1.2, because I don't have a chance of doing it well (unless I
considered translating all of Gtk+ 1.2 and other ancient libraries,
which will never put out another release -- and I *don't* consider
this at all; I'm also not sure how well does it work).

So, please leave Gnome 2 branch in the status pages group "strangely"
named 'gnome-2.6' ;), because that's what Gnome translators mostly
care about.  A notice about releases for Gtk+ 1.2 is sufficient,
IMHO.  Of course, if developers really think that it's not worth
translating Guikachu GNOME 2 branch at this time, because there're a
lot of changes, it should probably be removed from the status pages.

Yet, if someone is wild enough to try it out of CVS, then they might
get a chance to enjoy it fully translated :)

Cheers,
Danilo