Re: GUADEC 2004 and talks

Christian Rose <menthos@gnome.org> writes:

> Many of you probably already know this, but the fifth GNOME Users And
> Developers European Conference, or GUADEC for short, will be held on
> June 28-30 2004 in Kristiansand, Norway¹.

I have already though about it, but there are far too many things now,
so I cannot be sure if I'll make it there. Nevertheless, I am hoping I
will find some time (and money :) to get there, and that Norway
Embassy won't consider me a threat, and they'll issue me a visa.

I'll start asking around about relevant data, and I would certainly
like to hear if anyone else from GTP is planning on coming (except
Christian, Arafat).

> For people interested in also giving talks or holding BOF discussions,
> the time is a bit more limited. If you want to hold a talk, the abstract
> submission deadline is in a month, February 16th². I'm hoping that we'll
> have many i18n and l10n related talks and discussions at GUADEC, and
> urge everyone who could be a speaker to submit abstracts, and for anyone
> who has an idea for a talk or discussion to share those.

I first noticed (in late December 2003) that the submission deadline
was February 1st, but it seems to have been moved later on. So, it's
even longer than what I first saw ;)

Though, I don't plan on submitting any papers, since I am not that
involved in Gnome as I might wish I am -- if I do manage to get there
I'll just join the discussions and pick every developer now and then
with some i18n related question, and some other stuff as well :)

Cheers,
Danilo