Re: Klingon localization of GNOME (was Re: Localisation Guide)

At 1:29 PM +0100 1/10/04, Jordi Mallach wrote:
>On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 12:54:14AM +0100, Stephen Holmes wrote:
>> Is there a supported Klingon font supported in the Gnome distro?
>
>I thought that was copyrighted, so it's not possible to have a free font
>for Klingon.

_The Klingon Dictionary_ is copyrighted.  Font *names* can be copyrighted.
The glyphs making up a typeface can not.

There is a free metafont Klingon typeface for Linux systems, and I know of
a couple of free TrueType fonts.  The Klingon Language Institute sells a
*very* nice one (in both Windows and Mac native formats) if you're planning
to do professional-quality Klingon typesetting. :-)

--
  Alan Anderson, professional programmer and amateur Klingonist
    proud member of the Klingon Language Institute since 1995