Re: Translations, GNOME and KDE

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 02:09:48AM +0100 or thereabouts, Christian Rose wrote:
> > > 3-Speak more to us I think we play an important role in the development
> > > process, lately I am seeing very nice communication going on BUT still
> >
> > Definitely not far-fetched, that's definitely what we want to see. But it
> > takes work on both sides, usually at critical points such as the modules
> > selection discussion. If there aren't enough i18n team members tracking
> > issues on desktop-devel-list and forwarding information on, perhaps that
> > needs to be addressed.
>
> Definately agreed. If any translator feel they are left out of module
> discussions, please subscribe to desktop-devel-list! It's a high volume
> list, but you'll get all module discussion you can handle, that's for

I think all the maintainers should subscribe to gnome-i18n too :)

Seriously, I looked at the follow-ups to that thing I sent about
horrible strings. Of the people to reply, everyone who replied
on-list trimmed the Cc: line back to just gnome-i18n. I wonder
how many of the maintainers will see the follow-ups.

Okay, they probably don't need to know about discussions about
formatting translator_credits (or translator-credits), but I
don't need to know about clipboard daemon internals (a recent
d-d-l thread) and I still plough through desktop-devel-list :)

Telsa