Re: Translations, GNOME and KDE

>Looking at this from a GNOME 2.5/2.6 perspective, and looking at the
>"proposed" section of http://www.gnome.org/start/2.5/modules/, I think
>there is unfortunately a danger of this piece of history repeating
>itself, perhaps even more than before. There are modules like dasher
>that are not even in GNOME cvs yet, and which GNOME translators have had
>little chance to work on and little possibility to try to find the
>problems in time.

FWIW, I think Dasher has very few translatable strings.  There may be other
i18n issues with it (for instance it requires character-sequence
frequency data
which may not be available for all languages), but msgstr translation is
unlikely
to be a problem IMO.

Matthew, are you there?  What's the status of the character prediction
algorithms
for non-English and non-Latin?

- Bill