Re: Use of American/British English
- From: Karl Eichwalder <ke gnu franken de>
- To: Elros Cyriatan <cyriatan fastmail fm>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop Development List <desktop-devel-list gnome org>,GNOME I18N List <gnome-i18n gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Use of American/British English
- Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 07:24:10 +0100
Elros Cyriatan <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Since en_US is currently the most frequently used source language, it
> makes sense to choose that.
Yes, and another point: US spelling rules are less awkward than British
rules. Eric Naggum posted some interesting articles on the English
language to comp.lang.lisp - around 2000 and earlier, IIRC.
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/ | (*)/'(*)
] [Thread Prev