Re: Use of American/British English (was Re: request for stringaddition)

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 12:38 -0500, Adam Weinberger wrote:
<snip>
> If I misunderstood the topic, and it's actually about the use of
> "behaviour" at all, and the issue is whether default translations can be
> in British English: Is there anything wrong with asking that Americans
> make an en_US translation if they want it?

The point I was trying to make was that it didn't really matter if
translations were in a different flavour of English as long as the whole
program uses that same flavour.

I write and use British English all day, and in all my programs
(although in most of them, it's not really noticeable), and will keep on
doing so. People that find that a program is not properly translated for
their flavour of English (say, en_US users) can then translate the
program as usual.

I'd also like to note that the use of British English [1] should not
(and I don't think does) hamper the ability of the i18n team to
translate into different languages.

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess@hadess.net>
Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair after a sneeze.