Re: Use of American/British English

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 08:58, Danilo Segan wrote:
> Hi Rodolfo,

Hi,

> > - You are wrong about one thing: text searches in a database are not
> > performed as you described.
>
> Rodolfo, can you point out at free software that works this way?
> It would be very interesting for translators to find out about it.

I don't know what free tool performs searches in that way. The only free
translation editor I tried is KBabel and it doesn't wark like I
described.

> Translators mostly cannot use non-free software, so proprietary
> software is out of question for most of us.

Not really. Some time ago I offered a free version of Heartsome XLIFF
Translation Editor (http://www.heartsome.net) to GNOME translators but
there wasn't enough interest. Only 2 people contacted me requesting
info.

I wrote a PO->XLIFF converter for my own use (I help in translating
Fedora Core to Spanish). If there is enough interest in using
Heartsome's editor for GNOME, I can make an rpm that includes the
necessary converter.

Heartsome sells commercial tools, but as we use Open Source components
in development we would like to collaborate with Open Source development
with what we have, in this case a translation tool.

Regards,
Rodolfo
--
Rodolfo M. Raya <rmraya@maxprograms.com>